Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pleasing God in 2013

Living A Life Pleasing To God Requires...
1 Thessalonians 4:3-12

1) Abstaining from sexual immorality (1 Thessalonians 4:3)
2) Controlling your body in holiness and honor (1 Thessalonians 4:4)
3) Not giving in to the passion of lust (1 Thessalonians 4:5)
4) Continuing in brotherly love more and more (1 Thessalonians 4:10)
5) Aspiring to live quietly (1 Thessalonians 4:11)
6) Minding my own affairs (1 Thessalonians 4:11)
7) Working with my hands (1 Thessalonians 4:11)
8) Walking properly before outsiders (1 Thessalonians 4:12)
9) Being dependent on no one (1 Thessalonians 4:12)

Lessons To Be Learned: Is My Life Pleasing To God?
  • Am I abstaining from being immoral sexually?
  • Do I control and present my body in a way that shows holiness and honor?
  • Do I resist giving in to or acting on passion alone?
  • Am I growing in my brotherly love more daily?
  • Do I resist gossip, stirring up dissension/drama, and seeking out attention? 
  • Am I known for leading a quiet life?
  • Do I mind my own business?
  • Am I working with my hands and staying busy for the Lord?
  • Do outsiders see my life as respectable?
  • Am I, to the best of my ability, depending only on God?
  • Am I debt free and seeking to not owe anything to anyone?
  • Are my accounts up to date and paid on time?
  • Are my own provided for sufficiently?
  • Am I a responsible steward of my time and money?
Let us all strive to examine our lives as we begin a new, wonderful year in 2013 and serve Him more and more as our lives grow more pleasing in His sight. Thank you Lord for a new year with new beginnings and for the great joy you have blessed my life with so abundantly! 


1 comment:

  1. You're wonderful! I'm excited for more blogs (and emails!!)!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete