Monday, February 11, 2013

When The Leaves Begin To Change Preview



Here is a preview excerpt from a new novel I am slowly working on, 
entitled When The Leaves Begin To Change...

He knew the purest part of me, found somewhere between the innocence of being a child and the maturity of becoming a woman. We were held in this perfect moment, before the world tainted us, where first love lasted forever. Even the air we breathed felt brand new, fresher somehow.

He held me and whispered my name, running his rugged hands through my hair. “Ellie,” he whispered again, his lips brushing my cheek, my body feeling every touch. I released into his warmth, letting it melt away all the fear around us.  “Marry me,” he whispered. My eyes closed, basking in a moment too wonderful to believe I could live to see it come true.  Jackson titled his head slightly, lowering his lips to kiss my eyes, one by one. Slowly, they opened and we looked at each other for what seemed like forever. I was desperate to say yes, scream it even, smile and run around and be elated, but of course I couldn’t. Not here, not in this place with bars and nova gas and crematoriums.

Still, I knew with all certainty that I would never find another like him, even if I lived a million lifetimes. “I’ve loved you since I knew what love was,” I whispered, the words coming out sweetly, softly, the tears streaming down my cheeks slowly. “Of course I’ll marry you.” A huge smile enveloped his face, the kind with so much heart  my entire body could feel the energy, and he pulled me closer against his chest. I could feel his thumping heartbeat, expectant, alive. The moment was filled with a forbidden hope, one that was dangerous to feel here, one that left us exhilarated.

Our dreams were so real we could literally almost feel them come to life in our arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment