Monday, May 13, 2013

He Held Me Up


Brown eyes just like mine,
Shined right back into my own
In the strong arms of my daddy,
I knew that he would not let go

He smiled, and I smiled,
And all was right within the world
He held me up, Within his arms,
His brand new little girl

Brown eyes that were mine,
Stared right back into my own
Though the face now in the mirror,
Seemed as one I did not know

I cried the endless tears,
And all felt wrong within the world
I held myself up, I watched myself fall,
So young and yet so old

Brown eyes just like mine,
Stared right back into my own
In my weak arms I held daddy,
I told him I would not let go

He gasped for breath, I cried,
And all was wrong within the world
I held him up, my dying daddy,
Still inside his little girl

His heart, just like mine,
Broke as if it were my own
In the strong arms of my Father,
He would not let me let go

He gave me Christ, I cried,
And I had more than the whole world
He held me up, Within His arms
His brand new little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment