Saturday, June 23, 2012

Seconds

I'm one of those people who always wants to start a blog (and has), but thinks no one will read it. Maybe that's true, but maybe a few will be interested. :) So here it is, my second attempt at a blog that will share details about my life, insights from the Bible, news and updates on my novel and writings, and much more. Please feel free to leave comments :) 

Today's News
Saturday, June 23, 2012

I'm sitting in a darkened hotel room with my sick husband asleep beside me. :( We are on a mission trip to Luddington, Michigan this week to help out with a VBS. Yesterday was spent in the church bus for about 13-15 hours with stops and all (I lost count). Last night we got in pretty late and got settled at the hotel and were so exhausted. Then KJ got sick so I spent most of the night up with him, helping out as much as I could. He was throwing up pretty bad and I've never seen him so sick before :( Prayers would be much appreciated. We aren't sure what made him sick in the first place. He is trying to get some rest and we are hoping to get out this afternoon and do some door knocking if he is feeling up to it. My poor baby :( ...and definitely poor timing on the sick front.

Secondly, yesterday I did what I said I would never do. I started writing a second novel. Ah! So exciting and yet so draining because I know what kind of process it is to get it from start to finish. I won't give away too much here, but it is on a topic I have always loved and been so, so interested in. It is fiction, but has a lot of historical facts I can turn to for support which is nice. Kj and I are actually going to cowrite this one possibly (!!!) so I am so excited about that adventure. He has the world's best ideas storyline wise, while I am the one scribbling "book lines" that pop in my head down on sheets on paper at 3 a.m. ...or in the church bus on an attendance card that was stuck in his laptop bag because it was all I had :) I think we make a pretty good team! I am going to take my sweet time with this book and it will probably be a good bit longer than The Locket, and totally different in genre and approach. I can't wait to write full time and that be all I do!! Just gotta get out of debt first :)

So that is what is going on with me. I'll close with some pics we took so far on our Michigan trip...and by pics, I mean ones we took at the welcome center in Michigan :) haha. But we've got a lot of time left and I'll put more up as the week progresses. 

Until next time: "“Stories are the collective wisdom of everyone who has ever lived. Your job as a storyteller is not simply to entertain. Nor is it to be noticed for the way you turn a phrase. You have a very important job--one of the most important. Your job is to let people know that everyone shares their feelings--and that these feelings bind us. Your job is a healing art, and like all healers, you have a responsibility. Let people know they are not alone. You must make people understand that we are all the same.” -Brian McDonald 


No comments:

Post a Comment