Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Too Busy To Not Slow Down

Have you ever heard the phrase, "I'm too busy to slow down!" Maybe even said it yourself?

Yeah. Me too!

I want to suggest to you that almost always, we are too busy to NOT slow down. What are some of the first things that may go to the wayside when we are busy? Could it be some of the most important? I definitely think so.

If you want to know if you are busier than the Lord ever intended you to be, ask yourself if either your words or your choices convey the following: 

1) I am too busy to slow down, read my Bible, and pray.

2) I am too busy to spend real, quality time with the ones I love. 

3) I am too busy to be continually involved in some form of self-improvement every day.

4) I am too busy to be getting the exercise, nutrition, rest, and relaxation that I need.

5) I am too busy to be thinking more highly of others than I do myself. 

6) I am too busy to be pursuing my dreams in life. 

7) I am too busy to be living with joy and optimism. 

8) I am too busy to take the time to cultivate friendships. 

9) I am too busy to speak graciously, kindly, and with thought. 

10) I am too busy to serve the Lord with all my heart, soul, strength, and might. 

Truly, we are often too busy to NOT slow down. Try to revamp your life, words, and actions so that you can say the following: 

1) I am too busy to NOT slow down and read my Bible and pray.

2) I am too busy to NOT spend real, quality time with the ones I love.

3) I am too busy to NOT be continually involved in some form of self-improvement every day.

4) I am too busy to NOT be getting the exercise, nutrition, rest, and relaxation that I need.

5) I am too busy to NOT be thinking more highly of others than I do myself.

6) I am too busy to NOT be pursuing my dreams in life.

7) I am too busy to NOT be living with joy and optimism.

8) I am too busy to NOT take the time to cultivate my friendships. 

9) I am too busy to NOT speak graciously, kindly, and with thought. 

10) I am too busy to NOT serve the Lord with all my heart, soul, strength, and might. 

Today, are you too busy?

SLOW DOWN. 





No comments:

Post a Comment