Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Things To Put On


My lovely friend LaChon Riley recently taught me how to study the Bible in lists. It has been a super fun, new way to study for me and I have learned a lot. I wanted to share a list I made in personal study and then some applications I made on my own (a checklist) in hopes that it might help you in your personal study as well. Enjoy!

Things To Put On
Text: Colossians 3:12-17

1) Compassionate Hearts (Colossians 3:12)
2) Kindness (Colossians 3:12)
3) Humility (Colossians 3:12)
4) Meekness (Colossians 3:12)
5) Patience (Colossians 3:12)
6) Bear with one another (Colossians 3:13)
7) Forgive each other (Colossians 3:13)
8) Love (Colossians 3:14)
9) The peace of Christ (Colossians 3:15)
10) Thankfulness (Colossians 3:15)
11) The word of Christ (Colossians 3:16)
12) Do everything in His name (Colossians 3:17)

Lessons To Be Learned: Have I Put On The Right Things?
  • Do I have a heart that is filled with compassion?
  • Am I kind? Do I resist being mean-spirited?
  • Do I give all the glory to God for the things He allows me to accomplish?
  • Is my spirit gentle and temperate?
  • Do I show meekness in dealing with others?
  • Am I patient in my day-to-day life?
  • Do I willingly bear with others and share in their burdens?
  • Am I quick to forgive?
  • Do I resist holding a grudge?
  • Do I know the peace of having God in my life?
  • Am I thankful often?
  • Is the word of Christ an active part of my life?
  • Is my life revolved around the Savior? Is everything I do by His authority (in His name)?
If you can check "yes" to these boxes, the Bible says:

1) You are God's chosen one (Colossians 3:12)
2) You are holy and beloved (Colossians 3:12)



No comments:

Post a Comment